1. To plan, organize Technical Programs, Special Lectures, Workshops, Seminars Symposia, exhibitions for the benefit of students.
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) founded in 1953 is one of the leading Professional Society in India. With the great vision of founder and subsequent forefathers and stalwarts who were leading light of the Institution IETE, have been devoting and contributing for the advancement of Science and Technology in the fields of Electronics, Communication Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology and other related subjects. The major focus of IETE is to provide engineering education i.e. Degree and Diploma level certifications to younger generation at affordable cost who can not afford it through regular & private engineering institutions at exorbitant cost. IETE has got two streams of Student base. First wing is the students of alma-mater , IETE , viz, the pass outs of DIPIETE , AMIETE and ALCCS students . For them we have an Alumni Association formed in 2013 and the Second one is the Engineering students studying in Engineering Colleges and Polytechnics across the Country. This wing is the ISF ( IETE Students Forum ). More than 550 live ISFs are functioning in India today with a student membership of more than 60,000.
Objectives of ISF :
1. Improving standard of Engineering Education
2. Counseling the students in the emerging new opportunities
3. Encouraging and motivating the outside Class room studies /Work shops/projects/Seminars
4. Increasing the student base and Corporate membership of IETE
2. To provide common platform for students to exchange of ideas in technical topics of interest, e.g., curriculum, employment, higher educational opportunities, emerging trends, etc.
3. To facilitate technical visits, project works, employment, contact with industries and academic institutions.
4. Encourage team spirit and self reliance among student members.
5. ISFs should be a catalyst for the overall growth in technical and professional skills in young students.
Formation of ISFs :
ISFs can be formed through local IETE Centres at recognized Engineering colleges and polytechnics . There should a minimum of 35 students to open an ISF. Membership of FG for 4 year Engineering courses and FD for three year Diploma courses .Membership Fee structure is as follows (Membership fees shall change as per Governing Council decision)
YEAR FG FD
First Year Rs 600/- Rs475/-
Second Year Rs 475/- Rs350/-
Third Year Rs 350/- Rs 225/-
Fourth Year Rs 225/- -
Management of ISF :
ISFs will be under the supervision of a Managing Committee monitored by the Local IETE Centre. Request for registration of ISF should be through the IETE Centre. There will be Six student members In the Managing Committee out of which there will be a Chairman & a Hony. Secretary. A faculty member of the College/Polytechnic and one nominated EC member of the Centre will be permanent invitees of the committee. The management committee shall meet as often as possible in sustaining and coordinating the activities of ISF.
- 1. Priority for publishing their papers in Journal of Education.
- 2. Can also subscribe for other publications such as IETE Journal of Research and IETE Technical Review (available online).
- 3. ISF students are welcome to attend IETE technical programs in India at reduced Regn. fees.
- 4. ISF member will be issued with an Identity Card.
- The institutions where Forums are registered shall receive the following benefits :
- 1. A suitable grant to the IETE forum, commensurate with the membership strength to conduct various activities of the forum (Rs 40/- per student per year).
- 2. One complete set of technical publications of the IETE including IETE Journal of Research, IETE Technical Review, IETE Journal of Education, IETE News letter will be sent to ISF coordinator at the Institution for students in the College Library.
- 3. Regular interaction with Local Centres to have support from Corporate members.
- 4. Possibility of Electronics Hobby Centres in Institution with industry support
- 5. Conduct of Competitions such as Quiz, Technical paper Contest, Essay competition, Technical Visits to industries and conduct of inter-collegiate functions.
- 6. Consideration of special grant for ISF during annual fests.
- 7. ISF Students after passing from Engineering Colleges, are invited to become corporate member of an elite professional society IETE and will be given reduction in fee payment, equivalent to the amount paid at the time of joining ISF, while enrolling as an Associate Member of IETE. This offer will be valid upto 12 months after passing the exam.
Requirement at the time of Registration of ISF :
1. Matrix format of students in Excel sheet certified by HOD / Co-ordinator / Principal of the Institution (Matrix Format specimen).
2. Consolidated Membership fee calculation. Payment through NEFT Transfer or DD.
3. Names of the Management Committee including Student, Chairman, Hon. Secretary and Staff in charge of ISF.
4. ISFs may open Bank account in the name of Chairman, Secretary and College authority.