Gp Capt Sonpal Singh (Retd),
Secretary General, IETE (Since 01 Dec 2021)
MSc (Defense & Strategic Studies)
AMIE(I) (Electrical Engineering)
PG Diploma in Marketing & Sales Management
Certificate course in Business Management
PG Engineering Special Weapons Course (IAT Pune)
Command Systems Officer
• Guided field establishments on technology absorption for induction of guided weapons, modern radars and airfield infrastructure in North-Eastern region.
• Liaison with PSUs, defense maintenance agencies and private sector vendors.
Director (NBC) HQ Integrated Defense Staff, New Delhi
• Studied global strategic issues on space, nuclear, biological and chemical capabilities, tests & trials of strategic weapon systems and implications.
Director Signal Intelligence, (AF)
• Training & policy formulation on modern electronic equipment and software based tools for intelligence cycle management.
• Operationalisation of a modern information processing facility for collation & value addition and report generation.
• Policy formulation and tasking
Commanding Officer (South West Zone)
• Training & development for modern technology absorption, administration & policy implementation in South Western and Southern sectors.
Commanding Officer, Frontline Establishment
• Mentored and Commanded three hundred personnel at multiple locations for assigned tasks
Chief Engineer (Production) at a Base Repair Depot
• Training and skill development on processes and material management of more than three hundred personnel
• Repair and reclamation of aero-engines’ components of Russian and Western origin and modernization of existing facilities.
• Production, planning and control, shop floor management and job scheduling.
Project Officer of a Modernisation Programme
• Participated in technical evaluation of more than fifty products of indigenous and import category in a modernization programme undertaken through DRDO and executed through PSUs.
• Prepared training capsules for new inductions.
Senior Engineering Officer of a Frontline Fighter Aircraft Establishment
• Control, coordination and supervision of aircraft (MIG-27 ML) maintenance activities.
• Training and knowledge up-gradation of 300+ personnel.
• Management of operations from different locations
Senior Engineer (Electronics), Fighter Airbase
• Maintenance of airfield electrical systems, navigational aids and landline communications. Mentoring of personnel for technology absorption.
• Management of mechanical transport fleet
• Trained abroad on Communication equipment.
• Factory Acceptance Tests (India and abroad).
• Technical evaluation of more than fifty systems/subsystems (India and abroad)
• Delivered talks on nuclear and space capabilities at various defense institutions.
• Attended a four days capsule on “Parliamentary Processes and Procedures” at Sansad Bhawan
• Category 'A' Aeronautical Engineer